INTRO TO A BLOG THAT IS WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A FIGHT


Welcome. I'm an actor/writer who took the first ever playwriting class at my college and wrote every assignment by hand. In high school, I once won first place for a creative story I wrote implementing all the vocabulary words that week. I believe this makes me qualified to start a blog. I'm also a regular contributor for The Hollywood Journal & The LA Weekly affiliated blog, Tangled Web.


BACON-WRAPPED FOR YOUR PLEASURE

-erin QUEENIE stegeman


Sunday, April 15, 2012

This is My Child



Not actually, but this is exactly whom I imagine my future daughter to be. Now, I'm quite aware that at her tender age of what - 5?- she's got far more swagger in this photo, than I'll ever...ok I'm not even sure what swagger is - I think only hip hop moguls, the little girl in this GAP ad, and Cher Llyod can truly achieve it.  Not white girls from Missouri. But what are children for if not to live out our unyielded potential?

Thank you, Diane Von Furstenberg, for reminding me of my failed attempt at cool at age 5. Add that to the list of beauty pageant contestant, prima ballerina, ethnic musical prodigy, beauty pageant winner, you tube sensation endorsed by Ellen, and beauty pageant retiree by age 9. I was too busy not selling Girl Scout cookies and figuring out how to draw a damn star without doing the 2 triangles. And although I'm still neither rich, famous, or cool - I have faith that my children will be, and it will all be documented by Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment