INTRO TO A BLOG THAT IS WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A FIGHT


Welcome. I'm an actor/writer who took the first ever playwriting class at my college and wrote every assignment by hand. In high school, I once won first place for a creative story I wrote implementing all the vocabulary words that week. I believe this makes me qualified to start a blog. I'm also a regular contributor for The Hollywood Journal & The LA Weekly affiliated blog, Tangled Web.


BACON-WRAPPED FOR YOUR PLEASURE

-erin QUEENIE stegeman


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This is What Made Me Excited for a Week


Perhaps I've been living in LA too long, but it never occurred to me as out-of-norm to walk around town with a giant coconut and straw in hand. It wasn't until my mom came to town, and, after a trip to the market where coconuts are effortlessly hacked open by tiny women you would never want to cross, my mom reached for her camera, called me "too odd" and exclaimed, "The ladies back home won't believe this."

I like coconut water to be raw and fresh, like me (i hear my sister's laughter suddenly). Nutrient preservation aside, that other stuff tastes like cardboard. And yes, I do feel guilty about the fact that i don't eat the meat, even though I paid $4 for 8oz of "water". So you can imagine my excitement and my forearm's relief when I saw the 100% Raw Coconut Water from HARMLESS HARVEST. Surprisingly, it's only $2.50 a bottle at Whole Making-Healthy-Foods-Available-for-all-Rich-People Foods. And, it can actually fit into your purse, unlike my 5lb counterpart.

No comments:

Post a Comment