INTRO TO A BLOG THAT IS WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A FIGHT


Welcome. I'm an actor/writer who took the first ever playwriting class at my college and wrote every assignment by hand. In high school, I once won first place for a creative story I wrote implementing all the vocabulary words that week. I believe this makes me qualified to start a blog. I'm also a regular contributor for The Hollywood Journal & The LA Weekly affiliated blog, Tangled Web.


BACON-WRAPPED FOR YOUR PLEASURE

-erin QUEENIE stegeman


Monday, February 13, 2012

You Know You Need to Make More Friends When...


Chain Restaurant Employees Break Up with You.

It's a casual Tuesday afternoon and I've perfectly timed my stop at Chipotle - just after the lunch rush but right before I pass out from low blood sugar. I get my usual whatever-diet-I'm-into-at-the-moment burrito bowl with the last $3.57 on my X-mas Chipotle gift card (I should mention that I bought that card myself). As the balance hits a sad zero, Ashley (pictured), who teases me with the occasional free guacamole, tells me she's transferring to another location.

I know deep down it's for the best. She drives over an hour to get here and she’s in her second trimester (It’s a girl which makes her husband happy but she was hoping for a boy). And, if I'm being honest with myself, this was a rebound relationship.

Before Chipotle opened their Brentwood location, it was a Baja Fresh. As a connoisseur of authentic Americanized Mexican midrange food chains, I probably went there more than necessary. Their $1.69 pronto guac kept me alive for a good chunk of 2009. It wasn’t until they closed down (most likely due to my low carb diet) when a withdrawal binge sent me to the Sherman Oaks Baja for a taco fix. I was greeted by a familiar-looking gentlemen who took my order and proclaimed, “Hey, it’s the Brentwood Lady!"

I need to get out more.

Alas, It's been a fond 2 months with Ashley - her freaking the customers out by pretending I'm Emma Stone - it made me feel famous and we all know there’s no better feeling than that. As I request that she toss my empty gift card, she assures me that she’ll be at the Chipotle in Culver City, which is just 2 exits away. I grin and am sincere in my promise to keep in touch, but we all know how long distance relationships go.

What food and beverage significant others do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment