INTRO TO A BLOG THAT IS WILLING TO WALK AWAY FROM A FIGHT


Welcome. I'm an actor/writer who took the first ever playwriting class at my college and wrote every assignment by hand. In high school, I once won first place for a creative story I wrote implementing all the vocabulary words that week. I believe this makes me qualified to start a blog. I'm also a regular contributor for The Hollywood Journal & The LA Weekly affiliated blog, Tangled Web.


BACON-WRAPPED FOR YOUR PLEASURE

-erin QUEENIE stegeman


Monday, February 18, 2013

My 7 Successful Acting Tips for Booking Work

1.  Send in your work resume instead of your acting resume (booked my first professional theater company by doing this on accident and did several shows with them.  Even won an award)

2.  Submit outside of your race (first paying on camera gig was for a black or latina woman)

3.  Declare that you are no longer acting...and mean it.  (I booked a pilot, a film for CAA, a web series, and a lead in a movie this way.  And I never auditioned for any of these either)

4.  Don't audition (see above).  90% of my bookings, I've not auditioned for

5.  If you do audition, perform to the wall instead of the camera.  Booked 4 commercials off one audition doing this.  Also, show up in completely inappropriate wardrobe and face plant.  That worked as well.

6.  Whatever the audition/role, do it in a Southern dialect.  On a whim, I did this for an audition, which I didn't book or get a callback for (see #4), but someone in the room called me months later and I ended up doing 3 features with this person.  A British or Irish dialect will also probably do.  DO NOT do a Russian accent while eating a piece of celery - that got me nowhere.

7.  Date someone who produces movies.  And with that I invite you to come to the World Premiere of ROADSIDE on March 2nd, which I'm in.  Produced by Ace Marrero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpddoSak0AQ - catch the trailer here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment